Cultural Activities In Your Community
While you're in the U.S., be sure to explore what your community (your town, state, and region) has to offer!
One opportunity that ERDT offers all participants is the Cross-Cultural Scavenger Hunt. It's a great way to get to know your community in a fun way. Turn it in by August 15 for a chance to win a $100 gift card! A winner will be drawn randomly from all submitted entries.
Cultural activities may be planned by ERDT, by your employer, by others in the community, or, of course, by you and your friends! Some ideas include
- Spending time with Americans outside of work
- Going to a museum
- Going to a church or place of worship
- Going to a restaurant to try a new kind of American food (not the restaurant where you work)
- Going to a concert
- Volunteering for a good cause (beach clean-up, animal shelter, feeding the homeless, speaking to kids)
- Going to a sports event, rodeo, car show, air show, or race
- Going to a local attraction like a fair or carnival
- Going to a national or state park
- Going to a shopping mall
ERDT will email you of any cultural activities that are planned in your area. Keep track of which activities you do, as ERDT will be emailing you later in the program to ask about it. And be sure to submit photos and descriptions of your activities at our Facebook page!
Click on the link below, then find your community to see our ideas for fun, often inexpensive ways to explore!